Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Icy World


YES, IT'S BEEN A COLD, SNOWY WINTER HERE IN NEW ENGLAND. THERE'S BEEN A GREAT DEAL OF COMPLAINING GOING ON THIS WEEK ABOUT THE WEATHER. IT'S HARD ON US, TRUE. AND I'M NOT POINTING FINGERS - I'VE EXPRESSED MY LONGING FOR SPRING ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE. BUT LET'S TRY THIS: LIKE STOPPING TO SMELL THE PROVERBIAL ROSES, LET'S STOP TO SAVOR THE AWESOME BEAUTY OF THE FROZEN LANDSCAPE.
HERE'S A LINK TO WARM YOUR HEART - A FINE THING THAT HAPPENED ON A VERY COLD DAY.

2 comments:

pRiyA said...

The winter shots are like a meditation.I am glad I can see this beauty through the magic of photography and the internet thankfully within the warmth of my home.
I have a supplement from an old issue of Gourmet magazine where Maira Kalman has illustrated breakfasts. I treasure that copy.
Thanks for this link to her wonderful work.

Green Key said...

Hi Priya. Even though I am doing my best to appreciate this winter world, I relish seeing the warm, green, sunny world when I visit your blog! :-)