Tuesday, December 08, 2009

'Tis the Season . . .

You may recall that last year I went a little wild cutting paper snowflakes.
Well . . .

. . . this year I made even more! I couldn't resist filling my huge living room window with them. Each flake is attached to the glass with a few tiny bits of scotch tape.

This is how it looks inside, in the morning light . . .

. . . and from outside at the same time.

It was a little scary getting up to the top row of window panes - it's a good 12 feet up from the floor, at least. Click here for Camilla Engman's Snowflake Tutorial at Studio Violet if you'd like to make your own. Welcome Winter!

8 comments:

pRiyA said...

time to make snowflakes again!

i remember i met you last year over snowflakes at camilla's.
:-)

Green Key said...

Oh, that's right! That was nice - it's been good getting to know you this year Priya. :-)

sunshine said...

So pretty Susan!

Green Key said...

Thanks Sunshine. Maybe we can make a few at Ananda's party on the 19th!

Joe K. Shoenfeld said...

Beautiful! And I like the new masthead photo too.

Green Key said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Green Key said...

Thanks Joe. I hesitated to make the masthead too Christmasy - but I love this shot of Bettie. And I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit. Today's snow is helping!

Green Key said...

Joe - did you notice the other, um, "improvement" to my blog?